Foam Mustaches


Foam Mustaches
                I am so sorry I haven't blogged in so long; I was in the process of writing a blog when my computer crashed!  I just finally got it back, so now I will try to catch back up where I left off...  I have been doing a lot of things, but a couple of weeks ago I was asked to make some foam mustaches, and other foam props for a photo booth a friend of my dad’s  wanted to have as entertainment at the reception after his wedding.  Before then, I hadn't really seen or heard of anything like that before, but it sounded cool, so I quickly set to work making them.  I can tell you, though these may look easy to make, it took a couple of tries for me to figure out how to cut out them correctly.  First of all, the foam I was using was about a half an inch thick, and couldn't be cut very well with the x-acto knife he had given me to work with.  Regular scissors kept getting stuck when I tried to use them, and leaving jagged edges.  My dad went out to his tools and found a pair of sheet metal cutters, and they worked great!  They probably sell some kind of knife or scissors that work for super thick foam, but I didn’t have them, so I used what my dad had found instead, and it worked really well.  Our friend gave me a couple links of blogs to look at, and the one I found most useful was www.tiffanykelley.com/photography/diy-mustaches-photo-booth-prop, the only problem that I had with this one, was when I printed her mustache template, the mustaches where super small and in the corner of the paper, so I just used her designs and re-drew them to make them the size I wanted.  I would have tried to make this as a guide for you to make them yourself, but in all the craziness, I just made them as fast as I could, without thinking, of taking any pictures or anything else until they were finished.  If you want to make these for something, like a wedding, birthday, anniversary, family reunion, or some other event, you might want to use the link I gave you to get a better idea of how to make these.  If you do make them I would love to know how they worked for you!

 I was so busy trying to get these done so fast, I forgot to take pictures of my making these mustaches, but here is after I was done with them.

Comments