First blouse


Blouse

            This blouse was designed after another pretty blouse that I had loved.  When I was about 10 I sewed this, and it is still only the second blouse I have sewn, even though it did turn out pretty nice.   When I started my blouse, my other shirt that I used as the pattern was getting too small, so I measured it to my other blouse folded in half, and when I cut it I left some room for the seam as well as growing room.  One funny little thing, the fabric I used for my blouse was also the fabric I had used for the backing of my quilt I blogged about a while ago!  My mom had so much of it, I used it twice!  On the inside of the sleeve seams, and down the front, I sewed navy blue lace trim.  That way it added some contrast to the plain white fabric and made it really stand out.  I then sewed the same trim in two strips at the waste to tie the blouse front together.  The tie on the front made it so that I had no button holes or buttons to fuss with, and the capped sleeves were attached to the fabric I cut, so that made the sleeves easy.  Overall, the making of my blouse was quite easy for the most part because there were really only three pieces put together to make it, and almost all straight seams.  The nice thing about my blouse is it went with just about anything, I wore it to a wedding with a skirt, and then a week later I wore it as just an everyday shirt.  All in all, it was simple, fun, and looked pretty cute on.  I can’t find any picture of me right now, so this is a picture of it on my sister below.  



Comments