The Possibilities of Duct Tape
            If you want a great way to reuse, save, and recycle your favorite chip, or candy bar wrappers?  I have a really neat way you can not only save, but decorate and make some use of all your favorite wrappers!  The pictures below are the way I made a small chip bag and a candy bar wrapper into a small bag/wallet.  My mom and sisters started making these after my mom brought home one day a couple rolls of really cool duct tape.  As you probably know duct tape is like the in-thing to make stuff with so we knew there had to be something cool we could find to make.  So we did some searching and the thing we found that really caught our attention, was a small Skittle duct tape bag.  I thought this was supper cool, so my mom and I looked around for something that we could use ourselves.  We ended up finding a large Hershey’s chocolate bar and a small Doritos bag of chips.  This was perfect, so we cut them open and cut from the wrapper just the front part off to use. 
  Then we measured the wrappers and started cutting and putting on the tape.   
We had to make the back for them, this was very easy, the only semi hard part of making these was we had to be very careful to make sure the zipper seal on the bags were lined up correctly when assembled.   
Other than that it was quite simple.  It was very fun and only took about 15 to 20 minutes to make.  I made the cool ranch bag for a friend of mine.  A bunch of my friends were surprising her with a sweet 16 party!  I didn’t eat any of the chips that I had taken out of the chip bag, so I put them in a Ziploc bag and put them back into the duct tape one.  I also put some other little things in.  I found out right before I gave it to her, that Cool Ranch is her favorite chip!  She loved the bag so it made an awesome present!  If you make one for yourself, be sure to let me know how it turns out.  

We cut the tops of Ziploc bags for the seal.  Then we laid face down, the front of the bag on clear contact paper to protect the front (below). 


Then, we duct taped the back of the front and trimmed the edges. After that we made the back by laying the face down the tape together, and then sticking the other duct tape down to make none of the sticky part showing, (above).

We put duct tape on the zipper part (right) and then stuck it on the back of the front piece and on the back of the back piece (left).

 To put the pieces together you have to make sure the zippers are both lined up and then you can cut a piece of tape and fold it in half so the sticky part is on the outside.  After the pieces are together we cut more tape and then cut it in half and then we put it on the edges to seal them.
 When all that was done, we had the finished product.  In the Doritos bag we made a pocket just by doing the same thing as we did to make the back just smaller.  Then we just duct taped it in and we had a pocket.


This is the Hershey's bar one we made, and at the top is the Doritos one.

Comments